Wednesday, March 26, 2008

bmore style baby

http://nymag.com/news/features/45305/
So yesterday on the train, I read this amazing article about John Waters. Sometimes I forget how much love him. Then I read something like that and I remember.

2 things stuck out to me as so true.

1. "Waters is constitutionally inclined toward routines, which dovetails nicely with the demands of his particular type of fame. There are plenty of people who are more famous than Waters, but relatively few, living, who are more iconic. Because being an icon takes commitment. You have to develop a shtick and you have to stick with it and you have to publicize it."

2. This was my favorite quote and I feel exactly the same way.
"But I have no favorite time. Tomorrow. Now is my favorite time. Because I mean I have great memories, but I don’t have nostalgia."

read that article and remember why you love John Waters.

No comments: