Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i hate yoga

I went to yoga this morning as part of my Recovery Week. As many times as I have told my "coach" (mother) that I hate yoga and it's for the birds, she continues to add it to my schedule. I'm terrible. I am the least flexible person ever, I can barely touch my knees, haha on the toes. Teachers usually don't even bother helping me because I'm such a lost cause.
BUT, this is my favorite pose that the yoga has:

I will stay until the bitter end so I can lay on the floor for 5 uninterrupted minutes and then have the teacher come around and rub my shoulders. I don't know if the 55 minutes of torture before it is worth it though. I guess I could lie on the floor of my apartment instead.

4 comments:

Allie Cupcake said...

im probably less flexible than you but I love the yoga. im on my feet all day and there is just something about always going back into that childs pose that helps my back. or so I think, maybe im fooling myself. but i love it.

Erin said...

Yes, child's pose rules as well. If I could lay on the floor and do that and the lay down one, I would be happy. It's the plank things and that hateful tree and holding on to your big toe and balancing that mess me all up! When they do the head stands, I just sit there.

Allie Cupcake said...

haha you said that hateful tree. my foot just rests below my calf as I struggle to balance, Im not one of those limber foot all the way up the inner thigh right under the vajayjay girls. I hate those girls.

Erin said...

Try living in Chelsea with men who are so tiny and gay that you look like a huge, fat unbalanced pig next to them while they do headstands in their baby tanks.