Wednesday, April 30, 2008

turn around and give that big booty a smack


Last night I ran from my apartment, down the West Side Highway and then across the Brooklyn Bridge and back. I think it was about 9 miles overall. (I added an extra mile at the end to make the time I needed.)

I've been wanting to run across the bridge since I moved and it was so awesome. It is really crowded with tourists and couples (barf) but there is a bike lane that you can sort of run all the way to the right of and get past the tourists. So there is a big hill going up the bridge from Manhattan to Brooklyn and FloRida came on my Ipod. I must have had it turned up really loud because some teenager turned around and started cracking up laughing. Sometimes I need to hear 'Get Low' to make it up a big, shitty hill. Then I saw this old couple sitting on a bench together making a toast and drinking out of styrofoam cups from the Super 8 Motel. It was really cute. No, it didn't give me hope. He probably cheated with the babysitter and she probably sent naked pictures of herself to her coworker, BUT it was cute. Overall, good run, the Brooklyn Bridge rules. I think that's my new route.

1 comment:

Allie Cupcake said...

there is just something about that song