Monday, August 31, 2009

Day 5

Today we had a rest day. We rode 26 miles to Kalaloch Beach to spend
the night at the Lodge here. In my mind, Kalaloch was a beach town,
like Bethany Beach with salt water taffy, fudge and a cheap Mexican
restaurant. And the Kalaloch Lodge had a sauna, a bar and maybe a spa.
No.
Kalaloch Beach IS the Kalaloch Lodge. Well this is a picture of the
beach. But there is no town. We have been making some great meals out
of convienence stores. We have a sweet cabin with a fireplace, beds
and kitchen! I'm so excited just for a pillow.

The beach is so awesome. We walked down and sat in front of someone's
fire.
Tomorrow, we ride aroud 60 miles. We're planning to cut across the
Quinnault Indian Reservation and get back to the coast.

Sent from my iPhone

3 comments:

Patti said...

Erin,
I love the beach picture, it is beautiful. I love you and miss you so much it hurts my heart. (also, I am envious of this trip) I am going to have a phone soon! the number is 410-465-7972. call me sometime. I have track practice and swimming tonight. How was Forks?
Love
Mom

Rachel and Dan said...

Loving the updates, can't wait to hear about the 60 mile ride. Makes me want to plan a mini-tour, want to do 4-5 days in the spring?

Erin said...

A spring tour would be awesome!
The 63 mile day was not bad. But today, 50 some miles with tons of miles in my granny gear kicks my ass. It's so fun though. You would really love it!