Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day one

Today we rode about 26 miles from Seattle to Edmonds, WA. This was my
first real day of riding on a loaded bike. It's definitely
different...I've never been the best bike handler so I'm trying to
work on it. After a couple days, I'll be fine.

This is a picture of my new Gore shorts. I bought myself a nice pair
of Gores before we moved and have been saving them for this trip. When
I went to pack, they were gone. So I've been complaining to Nik and
also blamed Nik for losing them. Then continued to blame Nik while I
rode in my cheap old Trek shorts today. I cursed him every time the
crotch got caught on my seat and basically every chance I got.
(Obviously, he didn't lose them.) So today when Pam and Al got here,
Al hands me these amazing new Gore shorts (better than the ones i
lost) that Nik had him bring for me. And some hot pink arm warmers! I
love my boyfriend.

Tomorrow we take the ferry from Edmonds to Kingston and ride about 45
miles to Sequim.

I have a feeling that this trip is going to be feuled by Mexican food
and ice cream.

No comments: