Saturday, August 29, 2009

Eat right or else

Day 3
We rode about 56 miles today. We made a stupid call and decided to eat
a little and ride to Port Angeles for "breakfast." It was 17 miles
away per the map. 17 miles on a road bike to get breakfast is
perfectly fine. 17 miles on an 80 pound touring bike (which turned
into 26 miles to take the sweet bike path) takes 3 HOURS. Breakfast
became lunch at a Thai place that served mini sizes. I think it
killed a little piece of my soul. I can't recover the calories that I
need if I skip breakfast. Everyone was hurting. We did a lot of
climbing on trafficy roads. But the end was worth the means for a
bunch of reasons.
1. A picture of me next to a road sign for Forks! We'll get there
tomorrow
2. Port Angeles where Bella and Edward had their first date after he
saves her from the rapists.
3. Crescent Lake where we are camping. The water in the lake is so
blue, it looks fake. I'll post a picture later. There are no showers
at the campground so Al, Nik and I jumped into the 60 degree lake.
Shower + I washed my bike shorts, I love to multitask.
Now I'm laying on the ground because I just finished stuffing my face
with fritos, bean dip and chocolate milk.

Tomorrow we will get the nutrition right.

No comments: