Saturday, September 5, 2009

Back in PDX!! Day 11

Today we rode 60 miles from Clatskanie, OR to Portland. After a 3
mile, 850 foot climb out of town, it was pretty much downhill-ish from
there. We kept a solid pace, pretty much running down the 30 at an 18
mph pace (on an 80 pound touring bike, thats a feat) the whole way and
got into town around 2. As usual, everyone wanted to hop on the Erin
Train and have me pull them in. Today was the first day that I really
felt like I worked HARD all day long.
So tonight, we did laundry, took serious showers (good blow dried hair
can change my world) and went out for good sushi and Eric and I drank
our signature sugary cocktails.
The cat girls are so excited to have us here. No cat pee on the bed!
Voxie hissed for a solid 5 minutes and then came out of the closet for
a cuddle. They like to pretend that they are only children when HH is
on vacation. Little do they know, I'm planning on having a baby
Siamese after this trip! Breaking news! Baby kitten time in the Harden-
Obriecht household!

Tomorrow Nick and Trish get to Portland to join the tour! We'll spend
a day eating in town and head halfway to Tillamook on Sunday and meet
back up with Pam and Al on Monday afternoon on the Oregon coast. I'm
excited for a full day off the bike. I'm going to read US Weekly, get
my nails done and cook in own kitchen.

No comments: