Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 12, 13, 14, 15

My phone's been dead for a few days so here's the update.
Saturday (12), we took a rest day in Portland and picked up Nik &
Trish at the airport and it poured down rain all day. We still had a
good vegan dinner at the Blossoming Lotus.
Sunday (13), when we woke up it was still pouring down rain. We went
to vegan brunch at Sweet Pea Bakery and decided to make the call later
in the afternoon. We left around 1 and rode 30 miles down the Highway
6 to Gales Creek, OR and stayed at this awesome campground. It poured
down rain all night and the chipmunks ate a pice of trish's scone but
it was still a sweet place to camp!
Monday (14), we rode 35 miles to Tillamook to meet Pam and Al and then
rode another 13 miles to camp at Cape Lookout which was the best
campground so far. My phone was dead so google it so you can see the
pictures. The beach was amazing. The tree line goes right down to the
ocean and there were starfish on the side of the cliffs. Nick, Nik, Al
and I did a sprint down the beach head on into the 50 degree water. It
was so cool. There were at least 10 other people bike touring camping
there.
Today (15), we rode 46 miles. Trish had her first couple real hills
today! We climbed some nasty hills. The next 3 days should be nice and
flat.

I should also note that I lost my partner in cheese and sugar crimes!
Eric decided to go home a few days early to spend time with his kids
before he had to go back to work. Now I'm left with the vegans and my
sugar intake has gone way down. He will be missed!

No comments: