Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 29 & 30

We're almost done!!
Yesterday we rode 42 miles and today 67. I think today was our longest
day yet. The 1 is relentless. I love it but it's so hard. Constant up
and down kickers where you have to stand up to get up and over. I had
to have ice cream in a tiny town called Tomales. We pushed hard today
so we can hve a short day tomorrow. 25 miles to San Francisco with
alot of city navigation. The ride across the Golden Gate Bride should
be EPIC! It has a designated bike lane. I'm pretty excited for it.
Then dinner at Millenium to celebrate tomorrow night. Friday night,
Nik and I take the train back to Portland. We really miss Henry and
the girls.

This is a picture of the coast today. The weather was so strange. A
thick fog over the ocean to the right and right blue skies and
sunshine on the left. Sonoma County is beautiful. I've never seen cow
pastures so close to the ocean.

No comments: